LTE Base Station Software
LTEENB allows to
LTE base station (called an eNodeB) using a standard PC
and a low cost software radio frontend. All the physical layer and
protocol layer processing is done in real time inside the PC, so no
dedicated LTE hardware is necessary. The latest release
from Amarisoft supports the
LTEENB is provided with a complete Evolved Packet Core (EPC) so that
it can work without an existing LTE network behind it. In short, it is
possible to use it like a Wifi access point. The EPC contains the
- LTEMME is an MME including the HSS, SGW and PGW.
- LTEIMS is an IMS server providing voice (VoLTE) and SMS support.
- LTEMBMSGW is an MBMS gateway.
|PC||Core i7 at 2.93 GHz.
|Software radio frontend||USRP N210 or PCIe SDR board.
|RF configuration||Band 7 (2600 MHz FDD), 20 MHz bandwidth.
|User Equipment||Huawei E398 USB dongle (Qualcomm MDM9200 chipset)
|SIM card||Anritsu Test USIM card
- Low cost LTE network simulator. Since everything runs on a PC, it is
very easy to add and test new LTE features.
- Educational purposes. Configuring and running a base station is a
way to learn many details of LTE.
- Low cost LTE network infrastructure for private or public
The LTE eNodeB software
is commercialized by Amarisoft.
A UE simulator is
now available. It simulates hundreds of terminals sharing the same
antenna. It uses the same hardware configuration as the LTE eNodeB.
Fabrice Bellard - http://bellard.org/