QEmacs 0.3.3 is out (just compilation fixes).
QEmacs (for Quick Emacs) is a very small but powerful
UNIX editor. It has features that even big editors lack :
- Full screen editor with an Emacs look and feel with all Emacs common
features: multi-buffer, multi-window, command mode, universal
argument, keyboard macros, config file with C like syntax,
minibuffer with completion and history.
- Can edit files of hundreds of Megabytes without being slow by using
a highly optimized internal representation and by mmaping the file.
- Full UTF8 support, including bidirectional editing respecting the
Unicode bidi algorithm. Arabic and Indic scripts handling (in
- WYSIWYG HTML/XML/CSS2 mode graphical editing. Also supports lynx like
rendering on VT100 terminals.
- WYSIWYG DocBook mode based on XML/CSS2 renderer.
- C mode: coloring with immediate update. Emacs like auto-indent.
- Shell mode: colorized VT100 emulation so that your shell work
exactly as you expect. Compile mode with next/prev error.
- Input methods for most languages, including Chinese (input methods
come from the Yudit editor).
- Hexadecimal editing mode with insertion and block commands. Unicode
hexa editing of UTF8 files also supported.
- Works on any VT100 terminals without termcap. UTF8 VT100 support
included with double width glyphs.
- X11 support. Support multiple proportionnal fonts at the same time
(as XEmacs). X Input methods supported. Xft extension supported for
anti aliased font display.
- Small! Full version (including HTML/XML/CSS2/DocBook rendering): 150KB
big. Basic version (without bidir/unicode
Current version: qemacs-0.3.3.tar.gz
This program is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002 Fabrice Bellard
Fabrice Bellard - http://bellard.org/